I’m really trying to get every room in the house photographed before the end of the month so I can have an updated album of how the house has changed since we bought it last February. I can’t believe it’s been a year already! The Castle is feeling more and more like home, and a pleasant one at that!
Here are some pics of the living room in its mostly finished state. But, before I show off all of our hard work, here’s a reminder of where we started.
And now, the stunning afters :-)
Here’s what we’ve accomplished in this room:
- Tore out icky brown carpeting
- Scraped glued on cork (!) panels off the walls
- Spackled, patched, sanded and primed walls
- Painted walls
- Tore out weird light thing in fireplace area
- Found gas logs in attic, placed in fireplace
- Tore out terrible header over mantel, documented here
- Installed new lights, wiring, primed and painted mantel area
- Replaced hardware on bookcase doors
- Installed moulding around window.
- Replaced all outlets in room
- Hung pictures, shades and curtains.
Still to do:
- Install moulding around other window
- Install moudling on mantel
- Hook up logs if possible
- Replace tiling in front of fireplace
- Refinish floor, install quarter round next to baseboards
- Make new grates for floor vents
All in all, I’d say we’ve made pretty good progress in this room, and we spend lots of time in it so we definitely love it!